Stripey Jersey Jim Jams

KCWC Striped PJs

Today is the first day of ‘Kids Clothes Week Challenge’, hosted by the Elsie Marley blog, and I am amazed to find that I managed to complete an outfit already. Normally it takes days for one complete item to emerge from my sewing area. Judging from the Flickr pool everyone has made a very enthuasiastic start and there’s some lovely clothes to see there already.

Peekaboo

I have decided to aim for speed rather than perfection this week and there are some bits that I’d really like to redo but I’ve still ended up with a very wearable pair of pyjamas for Rowan. As usual, I managed to make a couple of mistakes but they were fairly quick to fix. I am also half way through the same top for Casper, although he is going to have a different colour ribbing. They may yet get some kind of embellishment too – possibly a star in the same colour as the ribbing.

Stripey PJ collage

The T shirt is made using Rae’s Flashback Skinny Tee pattern and the leggings are the ‘Sleeping Johns’ from ‘Growing Up Sew Liberated’, both size 2T. Both patterns come together really quickly (even quicker if you’re not trying to match stripes) and were sewn entirely on my overlocker. I do love that machine. I bought the grey stripe jersey from John Lewis when it was massively reduced and the ribbings is from Dots n Stripes. I used less than half a metre of the jersey and overall it cost about £3.50 to make both items.

Stripey jersey jim jams

I have lots more sewing planned for the rest of the week and it’ll be great if I can complete a few more outfits but it may already be my most productive sewing week so far. If you’re taking part then how are you getting on so far?

This entry was posted in Sewing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Stripey Jersey Jim Jams

1. Rae says:

oh I am DYING of cute.
    TOTALLY ADORBSIBLE!!

2. Lovely lovely! Those colours are yummo and your photos are really nice. How do you get him to sit still?!!

3. abby says:

Laura – your jim jams look great. My first project for KCWC was the flashback top too, but I haven’t posted it yet. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your projects.

4. Inder says:

Orange ribbing!!!!!! I am pea green (which would also be awesome in ribbing) with envy. It’s so hard to find great, brightly colored ribbing. I love the orange with the grey stripes. Super, super cute!

5. Cherie says:

These pajamas, that boy, and these pictures are all incredibly and equally ADORABLE! I love the colors and the stripes and everything. Nice job!

6. gail says:

i just LOVE these, they’re so cute and cozy! what a cute little model, too!

7. tina says:

Oh, the boys are back in town. Second picture kills me. Look forward to seeing you Saturday. x

8. Corey T says:

I love orange with grey and white! Great job on these.
    Yeah for KCWC!

9. Vanessa says:

This is adorable! Such a great combo of fabrics/colors! I’m working on a few dresses for my little one…it’s slow going though.

10. Pingback: Urban Duck Hoodie | Craftstorming

11. Anshu says:

Very cute model and very cute PJs. Found you via Shwin and Shwin

12. Lauren says:

Ohhh! I just adore these! I have been searching high and low for a pj pattern for my little chap and haven’t found anything that I’ve even remotely liked. THESE are tooooo gorgeous. Thank you :) I’m buying the book now

13. Pingback: fancy pants leggings pattern tour + a giveaway |