Carrot macarons with Carrot Cake Ganache

Carrot macarons

I made some more two tone Easter macarons – carrots this time. They are filled with a carrot cake inspired ganache so they actually taste like carrots too. The recipe is included below although it is still in development stage. It’s slightly too runny for filling macarons (great for moulded truffles though) so I mixed equal quantities of the ganache with full fat cream cheese. The macarons were made with my usual recipe.

Carrot macarons with carrot cake ganache

You can download the template below if you’d like to make them yourself.

Carrot Macarons Template

I piped the carrot using a tip about 8mm wide then switched to a really narrow tip (about 3mm) for the leaves. After some experimenting I found piping in a zig zag pattern was the best way to achieve the shape I wanted and also gives the look of a slightly knobbly carrot.

Piping carrot macarons

I am sending these over to Mactweets for Jamie and Deeba’s latest challenge – Mac Attack #29 : Colour My World Macarons.

Carrot Cake Ganache {Click for printable recipe }

Ingredients

110g extracted carrot juice
150g full fat cream cheese
80g light brown muscovado sugar
250g white chocolate, finely chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger

Method

1. Place the carrot juice, cream cheese and sugar together in a large saucepan. Whisk together until smooth and place on a low heat until just boiling.

2. Place the white chocolate in a large bowl and pour the hot carrot mixture over it. Mix well until all of the chocolate has melted.

3. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and ginger.

4. Leave to cool and use as desired.

This entry was posted in Baking and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Carrot macarons with Carrot Cake Ganache

1. Jamie says:

Wow! These are amazing! I am stunned at the talent and creativity. How perfect for our Mactweets challenge but how fabulous as macs! Brilliant (am I gushing too much?). I’ll bet they taste delicious, too. Thanks so much for sharing these über cool macs with us at Mactweets!

2. Hannah says:

Amazing – they are so cute! The ganache sounds gorgeous too!

3. You are the macaron queen! Your creations are simply stunning – super impressed :-)

4. Mum says:

Yes they are really delicious I loved the surprise of the cinnamon in the filling. Yum

5. Lora says:

Wow! I am diggin’ your mad piping skills. So clever. Love them!

6. HI Cookery says:

You are super creative on those carrot macarons! Terrific template, too. Thanks for sharing!

7. Jill Colonna says:

These are incredible! Love these carrot macarons. Very clever indeed. What creativity you have!

8. Adorable! I love the carrot texture and the filling sounds divine!

9. Wow. I absolutely LOVE these carrot macaroons. You should have a book of awe inspiring macaroons. You really have a wonderful talent! I’m always impressed by your blog!

10. These look wonderful! I’d not have realised they would rise properly when piped like that in so much detail but they’ve worked beautifully. Great how you photographed them next to the toys!

11. Ma-carrot-a-rons says:

Ma-carrot-a-rons

12. Kim says:

Oh my bun i have got to do this for my buns but i dont think that they can eat it hehe*

these macs are so beautiful